Microsoft word - levisxlb_tandc updated.docx
LOOKBOOK.nu x Levi’s
® #501 Contest
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
THIS PROMOTION CONSISTS OF SIX (6) SEPARATE PRIZES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST.
A purchase wil not improve chances of winning.
CONSUMER DISCLOSURE You have not yet won.
OPEN GLOBALLY TO THOSE WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY.
By entering the contest, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may, at Sponsor's discretion, result in disqualification. Al decisions of the judges regarding the contest are final and binding in all respects.
1. CONTEST PERIOD. This contest period is from March 18, 2013 – April 5, 2013. All entries must be received by April 5, 2013 at 11:59pm PST and be abiding to stated contest requirements in order to be eligible for prize consideration.
2. ELIGIBILITY. This contest is only open to all registered LOOKBOOK.nu users who are at least 18 years old as of the date of entry, except officers, directors, members, and employees of the Sponsor, the judging organization (if applicable), or any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, and the immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse), and persons residing in the same household, as such individuals.
3. HOW TO ENTER. Visit LOOKBOOK.nu and post a look using your own personal LOOKBOOK.nu account that features a pair of Levi’s® 501® jeans. Entrants must be wearing a pair of Levi’s® 501® jeans, whether they are purchased new or second hand, in order to qualify for prize consideration (no purchase necessary). The entrant must also label the look with all items associated with Levi’s® 501® jeans. The submitted look must adhere to all LOOKBOOK.nu posting rules, which can be found at http://lookbook.nu/faq. If you are not yet a member of the LOOKBOOK.nu community, you must register at http://lookbook.nu/register. In addition to
Three (3) "Style" Experts will be decided based on overall appeal, creativity, originality,
photographic composition/quality and the styling of the look and three (3) "Customization"
Experts will be decided based on overall appeal, creativity, originality, photographic
composition/quality and the DIY techniques employed to alter, embellish or otherwise
customize the 501®’s. Any potential winner wil be notified by mail, email and/or telephone. If a potential winner: (i) cannot be contacted; (i ) does not respond within five (5) days from the date the Sponsor first tries to notify him/her; (i i) fails to return the Affidavit and Release as specified in Rule 9; (iv) refuses the prize; and/or (v) the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits al rights to win the prize or receive the prize, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Upon contacting a potential winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the contest, including without limitation the execution of required waivers, publicity and liability releases and disclaimers, and, at Sponsor's discretion, successful completion of a background check, such individual wil be declared one of six (6) winners of the contest.
5. PRIZE DESCRIPTION. There wil be six (6) individual winners selected – three (3) winners wil be named a “Style Ambassador” while the other three (3) winners will be named a “DIY Ambassador”. Each winner wil receive a five (5) day/four (4) nights al -expense paid trip and accommodations to one of three (3) LOOKBOOK.nu and Levi’s® collaboration events to taking place in New York, NY in the United States, Sao Paulo, Brazil and Toronto, Canada. The trip wil take place on or from April 22, 2013 – May 5, 2013.
The number of winners, prize descriptions, and approximate retail value (ARV) for each prize is outlined below.
LOOKBOOK.nu x Levi’s® #501 Contest
# of Prizes
5 (five) days/4 (four) nights, all-expense
5 (five) days/4 (four) nights, all-expense
5 (five) days/4 (four) nights, all-expense
6. TAXES. Al federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner's sole responsibility.
7. ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning one (1) of the six (6) available prizes depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. No prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. Any portion of the prize that is not used is forfeited. No substitutions for prize except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value wil be substituted.
9. CONSENT AND RELEASE. By entering the contest, each entrant releases and discharges the Sponsor, LOOKBOOK.nu, and the judging organization, Levi Strauss & Co., and any other party associated with the development or administration of this contest, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (col ectively, "Contest Entities"), from any and al liability whatsoever in connection with this contest, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or
actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (col ectively, "Claims"). Except where prohibited: (i) entry into the contest constitutes the consent of the entrant, without further compensation, to use his/her name, likeness, biographical data, and contact information for editorial, advertising, marketing, publicity, and administrative purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor; (i ) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of Contest Entities of any and al Claims in connection with the administration of this Promotion and the use, misuse, or possession of any prize; (i i) any potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number) and a liability/publicity release; and (iv) if prize involves travel or activities, any potential winner and travel companion (if applicable) may be required to execute releases of the Contest Entities from any and al liability with respect to participation in such travel/activities and/or use of the prize. In addition, entrant grants rights pursuant to entrant’s use of the Instagram platform. Affidavits and releases must be returned within five (5) days from the date that Contest Entities first try to notify the potential winner. Contest Entities may conduct a background check to confirm any potential winner's eligibility and compliance with these rules. By entering, you agree to cooperate reasonably with any such background check. If the prize includes participation in any public event(s) or publicity, or if Contest Entities intend to publicize the winner in any way, and if a background check reveals that a potential winner has engaged in conduct that could damage the reputation or business of any Contest Entity, as determined by Contest Entities in their discretion, the potential winner may be disqualified and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. If winner is deemed to be a minor under the jurisdiction of his/her residence, the prize wil be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who must execute the necessary affidavit and release and, if applicable, must accompany winner on the trip (no additional travel expenses wil be awarded should a parent or legal guardian be required to accompany the winner on the trip).
10. DISCLAIMERS. (i) Contest Entities are not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Sponsor's servers or elsewhere. In the event of a dispute, entries wil be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. (i ) Contest Entities, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the web site or otherwise attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion. Use of bots or other automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification
at the sole discretion of Contest Entities. (ii ) Contest Entities further reserve the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. (iv) Contest Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfil ment of this contest, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may cancel, terminate or modify this contest based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. In no event wil Contest Entities be responsible for awarding more than the number of prizes specified in these rules. (v) In the event this contest is cancel ed or terminated, pursuant to subparagraph (i i) or (iv), Contest Entities, in their sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among al eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. (vi) SPONSOR ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS PROMOTION OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. (vi ) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. (vi i) The value(s) of the prize(s) set forth above represent the Sponsor's good faith determination of the approximate retail value(s) thereof; the actual fair market value(s) as ultimately determined by Sponsor are final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. In the event the stated approximate retail value(s) of a prize is more than the actual fair market value of that prize, the difference wil not be awarded in cash or otherwise. No substitution or compensation wil be given for any portion of the prize that is not used.
11. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shal be governed by the laws of the State of California, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. Al disputes arising out of or connected with this contest wil be resolved individual y, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in Sunnyvale, California. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of California and any other laws, the conflict wil be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Calfornia. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys' fees) associated with participation in this Promotion and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
12. WINNER LIST. For the names of the winners, please visit the contest page for the LOOKBOOK.nu x Levi’s® #501 Contest on April 10, 2013 and anytime thereafter.
13. SPONSORSHIP. This contest is sponsored by LOOKBOOK.nu.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. Instagram is a registered trademark of Facebook.
European Heart Journal Supplements (2007) 9 (Supplement E), E20–E24doi:10.1093/eurheartj/sum036Perindopril preserves left ventricular functionin X-linked Duchenne muscular dystrophyDenis Duboc1*, Christophe Meune1, Bertrand Pierre1, Karim Wahbi1,2,Bruno Eymard2, Annick Toutain3, Carole Berard4, Guy Vaksmann5,and Henri-Marc Be1Department of Cardiology, Cochin Hospital, APHP, Paris V Rene´ D
Introduction: This course surveys the history of psychiatry as a medical field. It does so by focusing on the construction of specific psychiatric objects from the nineteenth century to the present. While broadly chronological, the aim of this course is to emphasise the practices of psychiatrists rather than give a complete historical overview of the subject. It focuses on a few specific issues,