Microsoft word - smoking cessation referral tool 4-07.doc
ZEP SMOKING CESSATION TOOL LOCAL PROGRAMS H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
• Free or low-cost ($5 to $25) smoking cessation programs to the Tampa Bay
& Research Institute –
community to develop and test new and improved methods for quitting smoking
Freshbreak™ Smoking Cessation Clinic 813.745.1751
Varies depending on the particular research program that is under study
Programs also vary with respect to the qualifications of the smoker (for example, amount smoked, age, use of medications) required for participation.
Call to schedule a free, no-obligation, informational meeting to find out if you qualify for any current programs
St. Joseph’s Hospital
• Freedom From Smoking Program - developed by the American Lung Association
Group program, especially those who have tried to quit before, group
St. Joseph's Women's Hospital
Provide the extra support you need to kick your habit for good
A strong student support network that is built in each class helps everyone
St. Joseph's Children's Hospital
3001 W. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
• St. Joseph's Hospital also offers freeone-hour smoking cessation presentations every month and covers the pros & cons a variety of methods to help South Florida Baptist Hospital
• During the presentation, we will discuss methods such as:
The American Lung Association's Freedom from Smoking group program,
Alternative Therapy (acupuncture or hypnosis)
Additional Methods (Zyban and SmartShot)
University Community Health –
• 8 session group led by trained instructor
Freedom from Smoking An American Lung Association
• Session 1 & 2 – cover triggers and coping
• Sessions 4-7 – dealing symptoms, weight control, stress, urges
• One-time non-refundable fee of $80 includes cost of program, behavior modification
Family Support and Resource Centers
• FREE OF CHARGE Smoking Cessation Classes
• Smoking cessation trained instructor
• To Register call: 813.233.2800
1401A East Fowler Avenue Tampa 33612 American Lung Association
• For more info on American Lung Association programs call: 1.800.LUNG.USA for
referral to your nearest local Association
St Petersburg, FL 33702 Genesis
• 813.236.5100 QUITLINES
• Telephones answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• QuitLine is toll-free tobacco use cessation hotline. Any TEENS and ADULTS living in
Florida who are interested in making a quit attempt can also use QuitLine
• Counseling and materials in English, Spanish;
• Translation service for other languages;
• Free one-on-one cessation counseling for pregnant smokers 24 hours a day
• Callers can also request additional free quit smoking materials after a brief
• Sponsored by the American Legacy Foundation and managed by the American
A Fresh Start Families QuitLine
• Referrals to local agencies and resources
Nicotine Anonymous is a Non-Profit 12 Step Fellowship of men and women helping each other live nicotine-free lives. Nicotine Anonymous welcomes all those seeking freedom from nicotine addiction, including those using cessation programs and nicotine withdrawal aids. The Fellowship offers group support and recovery using the 12 Steps as adapted from Alcoholics Anonymous. Internet Meetings on Yahoo, only registration required.
Freedom From Smoking Online, sponsored by the American Lung Association
Quit smoking support site run in association with Boston University School of Public Health, community support, quitting buddies, chat rooms, forums, and individual quitting, also En Espanol!
Wizard, community message boards, expert advice, and screensavers available for
board, news and facts, support website list
comprehensive quitting plan with support links and phone numbers
websites and materials to help quit smoking
Campaign for women trying to quit smoking, includes a message board for sharing stories
A Not-for-profit Hon Code Accredited Quit Smoking support community
Download materials to help guide quitting smoking
Online quit guide, downloadable materials, instant messaging, and phone support from experts
stories, information about many topics related to smoking during
Downloadable materials to help with quitting smoking
http://committedquitters.quit.com/ Nicoderm’s online support website, though the program is centered around Nicoderm
products, the site is free and their online support plan sends periodic emails to give positive support
Do you have additions or corrections to this list?
Please call Jessica Reynolds, Zero Exposure Project Manager at 813.233.2800, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let us know if this tool is helpful to you, talk to the Community Liaison who brought you this tool, or contact Jessica Reynolds.
Also use the ONLINE VERSION of this tool at www.zeroexposure.org Information provided effective March 2007.
International Literature-and-Psychology ConferenceParticipants will need to purchase lunch tickets on arrival, 120 for the four-day package. Lunches will be at the Conference Center. The city of Córdoba will pro-vide folders with tourist and practical information. Evening reception sponsored by Department of Filosofia y Letras at the Facultad de Filosofía y Letras, Universitad de Córdoba,
RÉSUMÉ OF CHRIS F.J. SPIES Contact Details Telephone : +27 84 622 8062 Consultancy : Address : 1 Laetitia Street, Die Boord, Stellenbosch 7599 South Africa My Strengths and Motivation in Life I am driven by the belief that people have the wisdom and capacity to influences processes that affect their lives. These capacities can grow in spaces that are safe and free and re