Microsoft word - resume akac,final,5.doc
PROFSSOR DR. ABUL KALAM AZAD CHOWDHURY
1. PERSONAL DETAILS:
Chairman (State Minister)
, University Grants Commission of
: Vice Chancellor
, University of Dhaka, Sept’ 96 to Nov 2001.
Dept. of Biology, Conservatoire
National des Arts et Métiers (CNAM), 75003 Paris, France.
Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacology
University Grants Commission of Bangladesh
29/1, Agargaon, Sher-e-Bangla Nagar, Dhaka-1207,
Phone : 880-2-8113242 (office)/Cell: 88-01713040361
UGC Chairman House: House no- 49, Road No- 3/A,
Tel: 880-2-8652993, 88-0-2-8652995, 88-0-2-8625677
2. ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS:
: DAAD Fellow, Post-Doctoral Research in Pharmacy
: BraunschweigTechnical University, West Germany
: National Institute of Health (INSERM), Paris, France
3. AWARDS AND DISTINCTIONS:
• Awarded Mercantile Bank GOLD MEDAL for outstanding contribution in the field of higher
• Distinguished Citizen Honor for Outstanding Contribution to Higher Education in Bangladesh by Addiction Treatment, Rehabilitation and Research Center, BIRBA, and General Hospital, 1999. • Awarded Gold Medal by ADHUNIK a non-profit organization, for Contribution to Anti-
• Awarded Julio Curie Fellowship by EEC in 1995
• Commonwealth Academic Staff Fellowship (UK), 1984-1985.
• German Academic Exchange Fellowship (DAAD), 1984
• Awarded RAB CHOUDHURY Gold Medal by Dhaka University for Original Research,
4. POLICY PLANNING AND ADMINISTRATIVE POSITIONS:
• Vice Chancellor, University of Dhaka, Dhaka, Bangladesh, Sept. 1996 to Nov.2001
• Dean, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Dhaka, 1995-1996.
• Chairman, Department of Pharmacy, University of Dhaka, 1983-1987.
• Temporary Adviser, Essential Health Technology, SIGN , WHO-Geneva, Oct 23-27, 2007
• Coordinator & Founder Member and Elected Member of Central Committee, International
Network for Rational Use of Drugs (INRUD), Arlington, USA.
• Member, National Health Policy Formulating Committee of Bangladesh, 1997-2000
• Member, National Formulary Committee of Bangladesh
• Member, Drug Appellate Authority, Govt. of Bangladesh, 1991-1996.
• Member, National Drug Control Committee, 1984-1990.
• WHO-Regional Expert on Essential Drugs.
• Member, WHO Essential Drug Programme Evaluation Team, Bangladesh, 1989.
5. ELECTIVE POSITIONS:
• Member of Learned Bodies/Fellow, Bangladesh Academy of Sciences
• President, Bangladesh Association for Advancement of Sciences, 1999- to 2004.
• Member, Dhaka University syndicate, 1982-85 and 1993-1996.
• Member, Dhaka University Senate, 1988-1992 and 1993-1996.
• General Secretary, Dhaka University Teachers Association, 1982-1983.
• Member, Council of Advisers, Bangladesh Awami League, 2001 to date
• Coordinator, National Committee for Relief and Rehabilitation of Flood 1998
• Coordinator, Flood & Flood Management Study Group of Bangladesh, 1998.
6. CONFERENCES AND SEMINARS ATTENDED:
• Estimate for International Training program on “Transforming Tertiary Education for
Innovation & Competitiveness” 06-09 May 2011, The Bali International Convention Centre, Indonesia.
• Annual Meeting of the Safe Injection Global Network (SIGN), 23-25 October 2007, WHO
• 2nd International Conference on Improving Use of Medicine, Chiang Mai March,30-2
• Organized the Convention on Crime against Humanity, Dhaka, Feb. 14, 15, 2002 • Invited Panelist at the Oxford Round Table on Higher Education, St. Antonys
College, Oxford University. July 8-13, 2001
• Asian Symposium on Medicinal Plants & Spices, Nov.18-23, 2000. • The UN Millennium Assembly (55th UNGA session), New York, October 5-13, 2000. • Distinguished Annual Bangabandhu Lecture, Hull University, March 29, 2000, UK. • Convocation Speaker at Tribhuban University, Nepal, November 23, 1999. • The World Science Conference, Budapest, June 25- July 3, 1999 • The U.S. Universities: Harvard, Boston, Johns Hopkins, Brandeis, Yale, North Carolina at
Chapel Hill for academic link up, seminar United Nations Population Fund sponsored,
• 1st International Conference on Improving Use of Medicine, Chiang Mai, April 1-4, 1997. • Japan at the invitation of Japanese Government. (Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Osaka
University, JAICA-Head Quarter, Sumitomo Corporation-Head Quarter), March 1997.
29th General Conference of UNESCO, Paris, Oct. 21-30 Nov 1997.
• International Conference on National Medicinal Drug Policies, Sydney, Oct. 4-10 1995. • 10th International Conference on Pharmacoepidemology, Stockholm, Aug, 28-31, 1994, • International Workshop on Rational Use of Drugs, Kathmandu, March 2-13, 1992. • 5th Intl. Symposium on Natural Products Chemistry, Karachi, January 5-9, 1992. • INRUD International Workshop, Lagos, Oct. 11-12, 1992. • International Conference on Social and Cultural Aspects of Pharmaceuticals, Amsterdam,
• INRUD Meeting, Zeist, Netherlands, October 13-201991. • Fourth International Symposium on Natural Products Chemistry, Karachi, 1990. • Meeting of International Network for Rational Use of Drugs (INRUD), Yogyakarta. • Indonesia, July 8-21, 1990. • INRUD Meeting of Bangladesh, Sudan and Ghana in Accra, October, 1990. • Asian Symposium on Medicinal Plants and Spices, Seoul, August, 1984. • International Conference on Nucleotide, Manchester 1975.
7. COUNTRY VISITED:
USA, UK, Germany, France, Netherlands, Sweden, Belgium, Ghana, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Kenya,
Pakistan, India, Nepal, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, South Korea, Australia, Japan
8. ACADEMIC POSITIONS:
• Invited Professor, Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers, Paris, Feb to Sept. 2003 • Vice Chancellor, University of Dhaka ((DU), from Sept.1996-Nov.2001 • Dean, Faculty of Pharmacy, DU from 1995-1997 • Selection Grade Professor, Department of Pharmacy, DU, from 22-7-93 till to date • Chairman, Department of Pharmacy, DU from 1983-1987 • Professor, Department of Pharmacy, DU from 2-10-85 till to date
9. RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS:
• Research publications in reputable national and international journals 91 • Book: How to Investigate Drug Use in Health Facilities, edited, by WHO/DAP/93.1, • Book: The Father of the Nation, edited, Dhaka, 1993; Bangabandhu and Emergence of
Bangladesh, Dhaka University, March 2000.
• One of the Editors of Bangladesh National Formulary (Modern Medicine). • Ex-Member, Editorial Board of Dhaka University Studies, Part-E. • Ex-Editor in Chief, Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Journal.
10. RESEARCH AREAS:
• Higher education, science & technology in developing country and global scenario. • Pharmacogenomics, Genomics of chronic diseases (heart diseases, diabetes, cancer) in
• Drug Discovery, Drug Use, Health Care Delivery System, Health Policy And Drug Policy
Related Issues Of Global & National Interest; Phytochemistry, Pharmacology of
neuromedicines. Use and abuse of antibiotics and development of multidrug drug
11. CURRENT AREAS OF INTEREST:
• Prospects & problem of higher education in the developing world: Bangladesh contest. • Polymorphism of PPARG gene and its relationship with development of type 2 diabetes
mellitus, heart diseases and cancer; 25bp deletion in MYBPC3 gene and heart failure
(Sponsored by the INSPIRE programme funded by British Council and in joint
collaboration with University of Dundee and University of Nottingham).
• Clinical trials of anti-diabetic drugs (Pioglitazone & Metformin), funded by the Ministry of
Science and Information Technology, GOB.
• Inappropriate antibiotic use in district hospitals of Bangladesh and introduction of
intervention to promote rational use of antibiotic funded by the INSPIRE programme,
12. LANGUAGES CONVERSANT:
Bengali, English, German, Urdu, and French
13. LIST OF PUBLICATIONS (Books 3 & Articles,91):
1. A. K. Azad Chowdhury and M. M. Rahman, Oxaluria and Vitamin B6 inter relationship in
human. The Proceedings of the Eighth International Congress of the Biochemists and the
Nutritionists, Prague, 1969, Czechoslovakia.
2. A. K. Azad Chowdhury, Synthesis and Biological evaluation of actinomycin D analogues,
Ph.D.Thesis, 1976, Department of Pharmacy, University of Manchester.
3. A. K. Azad Chowdhury, Jeffrey R. Brown and Robert B. Longmore, Synthesis and evaluation
of bis-diptide and bis-tripeptide analogues of actionamycin-D, Journal of Medicinal
, 1978, 21
4. B.W. Bycroft, A. Chowdhury and M. F. A Dove, Reactions of 1-hydroxyhalopropane with
fluorinating agents, Journal of Flourine Chemistry, (
U.K.), 1978; 12:
5. A. K. Azad Chowdhury, J.R. Brown and R.B. Longmore, Solid phase synthesis of
actinomycin D-analogue, Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Journal, 1978;7 (1):
6. A. K. Azad Chowdhury, Jeffrey R. Brown and Robert B. Longmore. Synthesis and evaluation
of actinomycin D-analogues derived from antimycin type compounds. European Journal of
, 1980; 15:
7. A. K. Azad Chowdhury, Jeffrey R. Brown and Robert B. Longmore, Derivatization of amino-
acids for solid phase synthesis of the peptide moiety of actinomycin D, Bangladesh Journal
of Biological Sciences
, 1980: 9
8. A.K. Azad Chowdhury, Preparation and production of traditional medicine for primary health
care. The Proceeding of the Third National Workshop on Utilization of Traditional Medicine
in Primary Health Care, December 18-23, 1980, WHO- BMRC, Mohakhali, Dhaka.
9. A.K. Azad Chowdhury, Sushanta Kumer Chakder and A. K. Azad Khan, Isolation and
characterization of chemical constituents of Plumbago zeylanica
root, Journal of Bangladesh
Academy of Sciences
, 1981; 5
10. A.K. Azad Chowdhury, Gulshan Ara Latifa, Shawkat Ara and R. Ahmed. The potentiality of
indigenous derris root in cleaning the predatory and weed fishes from nursery ponds, Dhaka
, Part B, 1981; XXIX
11. A.K. Azad Chowdhury, Sushanta Kumer Chakder and A. K. Azad Khan, Antifertility activity
from Plumbago zeylanica, Indian J.Med. Res
, 1982; 76
12. A.K. Azad Chowdhury, Sushanta Kumer Chakder and Shafiqur Rahman, Chemical
investigation on the indigenous contraceptive pill (Comilla Bori). The Proceedings of the
Sixth Annual Contributors Conference of Bangladesh Fertility Research Programme,
13. Gulshan Ara Latifa, Lutfun Nahar, A.K. Chowdhury and M. R. Khan, Fat, protein, Vitamin A,
iron, calcium and magnesium contents of adult and juvenile Puntius stigma
, Journal of
Bangladesh Academy of Sciences
, 1982; 6
14. A.K. Azad Chowdhury, Gulshan Ara Latifa and R. Ahmed, Studies on the piscicidal property
and rotenone content of indigenous Derris scandens
, Bangladesh Journal of Scientific
Research 3 & 4,
15. A.K. Azad Chowdhury, Sushanta Kumer Chakder, A. Khaleque and Shafiqur Rahman,
Antifertility activity of traditional contraceptive pills (Comilla bori). The Proceedings of
Seventh Annual Contributors Conference of Bangladesh Fertility Research Programme,
16. M. Ameen, R.M. Shahjahan and A. K. Azad Chowdhury, Toxicity of rotenone, extracted from
Bentham (Leguminosae: Papillionaceae) on the larvae of Aedes aegypti
(Linn) (Diptera: Culicidae). The Journal of Bangladesh Academy of Sciences
, 1983; 7
17. M. Ameen, A.K. Azad Chowdhury, H. Reza Khan and R. M. Shahjahan. Insecticidal property
of Derris elliptica
(Wall) Benth (Leguminosae, Papillionaceae) roots against the larvae of
wood (Diptera: Culicidae), Dhaka University Studies B,
1983; XXXI (1): 1-11.
18. A.K. Azad Chowdhury, M Shohail, Sushanta Kumer Chakder and Shafiqur Rahman, Study
of the effect of depot medroxy progesterone acetate on serum vitamin A, beta Carotene and
blood Iron levels in Bangladeshi users. The Proceedings of the Seventh Annual Contributors
Conference of Bangladesh. Fertility Research Programme, December 8&9, 1982.
19. A.K. Azad Chowdhury, Rashed A. Khaleque and Sushanta Kumer Chakder, Oxytocic
Principle(s) from Marsdenia tinctoria
, The Dhaka University Studies,
1984, Part B XXXII (1):
20. A.K. Azad Chowdhury, R.A. Khaleque and S.K. Chakder, Antifertility activity of a traditional
contraceptive pill comprising Acacia catechu
, A. arabia
and Tragia involucerta
, Indian J.
21. Gulshan Ara Latifa, Mahfuza Qadir Chowdhury, M.R. Khan and Sushanta Kumer Chakder
and A. K. Azad Chowdhury, Fat, Protein, Vitamin A, Iron, Calcium and Magnesium contents
of adult and juvenile Tilapia nilotica
Bangladesh J. physiol and Pharmacol
22. Moniruddin Ahmed, S.M. Altaf Hossain, K.M.H.S. Sirajul Haque, Abdur Rashid, A.K. Azad
Chowdhury, Clinical trial of Moringa olifera
for treatment of hypertension, Chest and Heart
23. Moniruddin Ahmed, S.A.R.Chowdhury, Md. Abdur Rashid and A.K. Azad Chowdhury,
: A pharmacological study, Bangladesh Journal of Physiology and
, 1986; 2
(1): 24- 27.
24. M. Ameen, R.M. Shahjahan, H.R. Khan and A.K. Azad Chowdhury, Larvicidal effects of
indigenous Derris elliptica
root on Aedes aegypti
(Diptera, Cullcidae), International Quarterly
25. A. K. Azad Chowdhury, The antifertility activity of the water soluble alkaloids and a peptide
of Marsdenia tinctoria
. The Proceedings of Workshop of Herbal Medicine, sponsored by
BMRC and WHO, pp. 41-48, 11 to 25th Sept.1986
26. Gulshan Ara Latifa, M. Shafiq, S.I. Pervin and A.K. Azad Chowdhury, Studies on the
piscicidal property of the fresh roots of Tephrosia purpurea
on fishes, Hetropneustes fossilis
and Channa punctatus
, Dhaka University Studies, Part E, 1987; 2
27. A. K. Azad Chowdhury, Ishrat Jahan Jafurullah, S. A. Talukder and A. K. Azad Khan,
Biological activity of the alcohol extract and the glycosides of Hydrocotile asiatica
Journal of Bangladesh Academy of Sciences
, 1987; 11
28. A. K. Azad Chowdhury and R. H. Mannan, Antidiabetic principles from Xanthium
, Dhaka University Studies
, B, 1987; 35
29. A. K. Azad Chowdhury, Faisal Hashem, M. M. Bari and Shafiqur Rahman. Antifertility activity
of the ether extract and steroidal component (HF) of the extract of the flowers of Hibiscus
. Bangladesh Medical Research Council Bulletin, 1988.
30. A. K. Azad Chowdhury and B. W. Bycroft, Chiral synthesis of bis-homoquisqualic acid. J.
31. A. K. Azad Chowdhury. B. W. Bycroft and M. F. A. Dove, Synthesis of fluorovaline. Journal
of Chemical Society
, (U.K.) 1990.
32. A. K. Azad Chowdhury, M. U. Ahmed, Barun Chandra Sen. A new steriodal alkaloid with
antifertility activity from Marsdenia tinctoria, Ind. J. Med. Res
33. A. K. Azad Chowdhury, S. A. Rahman Choudhury, Nargis Begum and Sushanta Kumer
Chakder. Effect of injectable progestogen contraceptive (Norethisterone enanathate) on
vitamin A and B6 levels in rats, Contraception, 1990.
34. A. K. Azad Chowdhury, Monira Ahsan, Nazrul Islam and Zia Uddin Ahmed, In vivo
antibacterial activity of garlic extract and allicin against multiply drug resistant strains of
type 1 and Shigella flexneri
, Dhaka University Studies
, Part E, 1989; 4
35. A. K. Azad Chowdhury, Maniruddin Ahmed and Barun Chandra Sen, Tinctoramine a
sterodial alkaloid from Marsdenia tinctorea, Phytochemistry
36. M. Abdur Rashid, Moniruddin Ahmed, Altaf Hossain, S. A. Talukder and A. K. Azad
Chowdhury, Toxicological study of the leaves of Moringa olifera
and glycoside isolated from
it on Long Evan’s rats, Chest and Heart Bulletin
, 1987, XI
(1): 31- 46.
37. A. K. Azad Chowdhury, Monira Ahsan, Sk. Nazrul Islam and Zia Uddin Ahmed, Efficacy of
aqueous extract of garlic and its active constituent allicin in experimental shigellosis in
rabbits, Indian, J. Med. Res
., 1991; [A] 93:
38. B.C Roy, Apala Farhat Naved, A. K. Azad Chowdhury and Harun K. M. Yusuf, pH control
the speed and extent of a, ß-Diamino propionic acid phthaldialdehyde raction in
determination of Lathyrus toxin
ODAP, Dhaka University part E, 1989; 4
39. B.C. Roy, Apala Farhat Naved, A.K. Azad Chowdhury and Harun K. M. Yusuf, BOAA
content of Lathyrus sativus
varieties grown in Bangladesh, Bangladesh J. Sci. Res
, 1990; 8
40. A.K. Azad Chowdhury, Satyajit Dey Sarker, Eva Sutana Khan, and Sk. Nazrul Islam,
Antimicrobial Activity of the aqueous extract and flavonoids isolated from flowers and flower
buds of Saraca indica
, Bangladesh pharmaceutical Journal
, 1990; 9
41. A.K. Azad Chowdhury, A.M. Das and S.A.R Choudhury, Regulatory approach to rational
drug use in Bangladesh. The proceedings of the International Network for Rational Use of
Drug Conference, Yogyakarta, Indonesia July 8-20, 1990.
42. Bilkis Begum, A Mannan and A. K. Azad Chowdhury, Antidiabetic principle from
, Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Journal
, 1991; 10
43. A.K. Azad Chowdhury, Abdullah Farooq and Satyajit Dey Sariker, Antibacterial activity of
, Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Journal
, 1991; 10
44. A.K. Azad Chowdhury, Pharmaceutical Research in Bangladesh, Presented in the Third
National Pharmaceutical Conference of Bangladesh, March 15-17, 1979, Dhaka.
45. A.K. Azad Chowdhury and Sushanta Kumer Chakder, Side effects of injectable progestogen
contraceptive (depot medroxy progesterone acetate). The proceeding of the Fourth Annual
Contributors Conference on Bangladesh Fertility Research Programme, 13 December 1980,
46. A. .K. Azad Chowdhury, Research for accelerating development, Presented in the Seminar
on Higher Education and National Development, 2-4, March, 1982, Bangladesh Federation
of University Teachers Association, Dhaka.
47. A.K. Azad Chowdhury, Role of Vitamin A in immune response and prevention of infections
diseases. The Proceeding of the National Planning Meetings for Vitamin A Programme,
National Nutrition Council and FAO, March 28 to April 1, 1987, Dhaka, pp. 31-37.
48. A.K. Azad Chowdhury, Scientific basis of herbal medicine. The Proceedings of Workshop on
Herbal Medicine, sponsored by WHO and BMRC, Mohakhali, Dhaka, September 11-25,
49. A.K. Azad Chowdhury, Microbiological quality control in pharmaceutical Industries,
presented in the National Conference of Bangladesh Society of Microbiologists, March 22-
50. A.K. Azad Chowdhury, The prospects and problems of pharmaceutical industry in
Bangladesh. The proceeding of the Seminar on Maximum Utilization of Internal Resources,
May 17-19, 1989, Chittagong Chamber of Commerce and Industries, Bangladesh, pp. 33-
51. A.K. Azad Chowdhury, M. Mokaddes Sarder, Satyajit Dey Sarker, Harun K.M. Yusuf,
Studies on the protease inhibitor and flatulence factors of the pulses and the beans of
Bangladesh, presented in BARC- Workshop 1980, Submitted for publication in BARC
52. A.K. Azad Chowdhury and Rezaul Hassan Mannan, Study on the histo-pathological effects
of the antidiabetic principles isolated from Xanthium strumarium
, on liver and kidney of AID
rats, Dhaka University Studies
, Part E, 1990.
53. S. D. Sarker, Mohammad Moniruzzaman, S. I. Khan and A.K. Azad Chowdhury,
Antibacterial activity of Piper chaba
(Hunter), Bangladesh Journal of Botany
, 1991; 20
54. A. K. Azad Chowdhury, Prescribing survey of five most common diseases in the selected
government health facilities and private dispensaries in three districts of Bangladesh, INRUD
, 1991; 2
55. A. K. Azad Chowdhury, S. A. R. Chowdhury, A.M. Das, Regulatory approaches to rational
use of drug in Bangladesh, INRUD NEWS
, 1990; 1
56. A. K. Azad Chowdhury, Prescribing patterns in acute diarrhoea in 3 districts in Bangladesh.
, 1993; 23:
57. A. K. Azad Chowdhury, Tasmin Ara, Faisal Hashim, M. Ahmed, A new phenyl propane
derivative from Acorus calamus
, Die Pharmazie
, 1993; 48
58. How to Investigate Drug Use in Health Facilities
, eds Bimo, A. Chowdhury
, A. Das, V.
Diwan, K.K. Kafle, B. Mabadeje, A. Massele, R.O. Laing, D. Ofori Adjei, D. Ross Degnan, B.
Santoso, G. Tomson, M. Anker, P. Brudon-Jakonbowicz, D. A. Fresle, H. V. Hogerzeil,
59. A. K. Azad Chowdhury, Barun Chandra Sen, Muhammad Faisal Hashim and Moniruddin
Ahmed, Tintoramine, A new steriodal alkaloid from Marsdenia tinctoria
, Die Pharmazie
60. H.V. Hogerzeil, Bimo, D. Ross-Degnan, R. O. Laing, D. Ofori-Adjei, B. Santaso, A. K. Azad
Chowdhury, A.M. Das, K. Kafe, A. F. B. Mafadeje, A.Y. Massee, Field test for rational drug
use in twelve developing countries, Lancet
, 1993; 342
61. S. Islam, D. Mahalanabis, A.K.A. Chowdhury, M.A. Wahed and A.S.M.H. Rahman.
Glutamine is superior to glucose in stimulatiing water and electrolyte absorption across
rabbit ileum. Second Annual Scientific Conference (Ascon-II), International Centre for
Diarrhea Disease Research, Bangladesh, January 16-18, 1993.
62. A. K. Azad Chowdhury, M. Faisal Hashim, Barun C. Sen, Omar Faruk Khan and Muniruddin
Ahmed, Antifertility principles from Marsdenia tinctoria
: Pharmacological and phytochemical
studies, Pure & Appl Chem
63. A. K. Azad Chowdhury, M. Omar Faruk Khan, M. Faisal Hashim, New steriodal compounds
from Marsdenia tinctoria
, J Bangladesh Acad Sci
, 1994; 18
64. A. K. Azad Chowdhury, O.F. Khan, M.A. Matin, A. Haque, A.L. Buiya. Effect of standard
treatment guidelines with or without audit on prescribing for acute respiratory infections in
government health facilities in Bangladesh. INRUD News Letter
65. Sufia Islam, Dilip Malanabis, Abul Kalam Azad Chowdhoury, Shafiqul Alam Sarker, Abdul
Wahed Abu Syed Mohammed Hamidur Rahman. Intestinal transport of water, sodium &
glucose from an electrolyte solution with &without bicarbonate. Indian J. Med Res, 1996;
66. A. K. Azad Chowdhury, M. A. Mannan, M O F Khan and F Rahman, Brine Shrimp lethality
study with Pergularia daemia
, Bang. J. Physiol Pharmacol
, 1997; 13
67. A. K. Azad Chowdhury, O.F. Khan, M.A. Matin, K. Begum, M.A. Gulib, Effect of
standard treatment guidelines with or without adult on prescribing for acute respiratory
Infections in government health facilities in Bangladesh., Presented at the International
Conference on Improving Use of Medicines:
State of the Art and Future Directions,
68. A. K. Azad Chowdhury, M. S. Ali, M O F Khan and F Rahman, Bioactivity screening of
extracts and isolated compounds of Ipomoea fistulosa
, Bang. J. Sci. Res
., 1998; 16
69. A. K. Azad Chowdhury, S. M. A. Rahman, M.O.F. Khan and F Rahman (1997):
Hepatoprotective activity of picroliv and its two components picroside
III and kutkoside
iridoid glycosides from Picrorhiza kurrooa, Fitoterapia (
70. A. K. Azad Chowdhury, M. S. Ali and M.O.F. Khan, Antimicrodial activity of Ipomoea
, 1997; LXVIII (4): 379-380.
71. A.K. A. Chowdhury, B. K. Das, M.S Ali , 1997, In vitro Antibacterial Activity of Phyllanthus
reticulates, Bangladesh J. Physiol. Pharmcol.
, 13 (2), 55-57
72. A.K. Azad Chowdhury, Therapeutic Potential of the Volatile Oil of Nigella sativa
Monkey Model with Experimental Shigellosis, Phytotherapy Research
, 1998; 12:
73. B.K. Das, M.S Ali, A.K Chowdhury, Cytotoxic activity of Phyllanthus reticulatus
, Dhaka Univ.
J. Biol. Sci.,
8(1), 85-88., 1999, Gulshan Ara Latifa, A. K. Azad Chowdhury, Geeta Sharma
and Shahana Aktar. Piscicidal activity of root bark of Barringtonia acutangula
(Bloach) and Channa punctatus
(Bloch), Ecoprint, 6
74. Gulshan Ara Latifa, Ishrat Parveen, A. K. Azad Chowdhury. Piscicidal property of Rotenone
and Rotenoids of dry roots Tephrosia purpurea
(Pers) on Heteropneustes fossilies
(Bloch), Bangladesh Journal of Zoology
, Accepted for Publication
75. A. K. Azad Chowdhury, Research and Development of Natural Products for Human Survival
in the 21st Century. Plenary Lecture, ASOMPS X 2000, tenth Asian Symposium on medicinal
plants spices and other natural products. Nov18-23, 2000, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
76. GH Rabbani, Shayamal Kumar Shaha, AK Azad Chowdhury
, Effect of Apple phenols on
Arsenic induced toxicity in rabbit, Journal of Environmental Science Health
77. Sufia Islam,, M. Abely, NH Alam, Flore Dassou, T. Maimaitiming, A Chowdhury
, J F
Desjeux, Water electrolute salvage as response to experimental dehydration and
malnutrition, Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition
, 38:27-33, 2004
78. A. K. Azad Chowdhury, J-F. Desjeux, Oral Bioavailability of drugs in infection, malnutrition
and diverse pharmacogenomics; Accepted for publication in Journal of Pediatric
79. Sheikh Zahir Raihan, A. K. Azad Chowdhury
, Golam Hassan Rabbani, Farzana Marni,
Mohammad Shawkat Ali, Effects of black and green tea extracts (polyphenols) on arsenic
induced toxicity in rabbits, Submitted for publication in Environmental Toxicology and
Pharmacology ( Elsevier Inc, Science) 2006.
80. Sheikh Zahir Raihan, A. K. Azad Chowdhury
, Golam Hassan Rabbani, Farzana Marni,
Mohammad Shawkat Ali, Tea Poly phenols as an antidote in chronic arsenic intoxication,
Submitted for publication in Natural Product Communications,
Natural Product Inc. USA,
2007 ( Accepted for publication with some modification).
81. Talukder K A, Asaduzzaman M, Islam Z., Aslam M, Mondol A. S, Azmi I J, Islam M A and.
Azad Chowdhury A K, Antibiotic Susceptibility and Molecular Characterization of Salmonella
Paratyphi A Isolated in Bangladesh, presented in the Conference on Promotion of
Biotechnology in Bangladesh: National and International Perspectives, April 6-8, 2007,
82. Rahman M, Rashid H, Nasrin N, Zaman K, Nahar N, and Azad Chowdhury A K
of Optochin-resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae
: Implications for Diagnosis and
Management of Pneumococcal Diseases, presented in the Conference on Promotion of
Biotechnology in Bangladesh: National and International Perspectives, April 6-8, 2007,
83. A. K. M. Shahidur Rahman, A. K. Azad Chowdhury
, Husne-Ara Ali, Sheikh Z. Raihan,
Mohammad S. Ali, Lutfun Nahar, and Satyajit D. Sarker. Antibacterial activity of two limonoids
from Swietenia mahagoni against multiple-drug-resistant (MDR) bacterial strains. J Nat Med
84. Azad Chowdhury A K, Rahman S, Faroque A B M, Wide spread injection use in the hospitals
of the upazila health complexes of Bangladesh, Mymensingh Med J
(2 Suppl): 59-64.
85. A K Azad Chowdhury, O F Khan, M A Matin, K Begum, MA Galib, Effect of standard
treatment guidelines with or without prescription audit on prescribing for acute respiratory tract
infection (ARI) and diarrhea in some thana health complexes (THCs) of Bangladesh,
Bangladesh Med Res Council Bull
86. Hosne Ara Ali, A K Azad Chowdhury
, Abul K M Rahman, Tomasz Borkowski, Lutfun Nahar
and Satyajit Sarker, Pachypodol, a flavonol from the leaves of Calycopteris floribunda,
inhibits the growth of CaCo colon cancer cells line in vitro
, Phytother. Res.
Online in Wiley InterScience (www.interscience.wiley) DOI:10.1002/ptr.2539 87. B.K. Das, Bepary S., Datta B.K, Rouf A.S.S., M.S. Ali, A.K. Chowdhury, Renoprotective
activity of Phyllanthus reticulatus
, Bangladesh J. Life Sci. 20 (2), 2008 (in press)
88. B.K. Das, Bepary S., Datta B.K, Rouf A.S.S., M.S. Ali, A.K. Chowdhury, Hepatoprotective
activity of Phyllanthus reticulatus
, Pak. J. Pharm. Sci
., 22 (1) (in press), to be published in
89. A.K Azad Chowdhury, Md Sayedur Rahman, A B M Faroque, Studying and implementing the
monitoring-training-planning strategy to ensure the rational use of injections in the hospitals of
the Upazila Health Complexes of Bangladesh, Draft Compilation of abstract of presentations
at SIGN annual meeting, page 13, Meeting held on Oct 23-25, 2007, Geneva, WHO Head
quarter, Geneva, Report published in PDF Form on 22 Jan 2008
90. Hasina Yasmin, Sharmista Das, Lutfun Nahar … Sitesh C.Bachar, A. K. Azad Chowdhury,
Satyajit D. Sarker, Total synthesis and analgesic activity of 6-Fluoroindan-1-acetic acid and its
3-oxo derivative, Medicinal Chemistry
, 2009; 5:
91. S Zahir Raihan, A K Azad Chowdhury, Golam H Rabbani, Farzana Marmi, M Shawkat Ali,
Lutfun Nahar and Satyajit Sarker, Effect of aqueous extracts of black and green teas in
arsenic induced toxicity in rabbits, Phytother Res
, 2009; 23
NEWSLETTER BIAC > La BIAC fête ses 40 ans Décembre 2010 La gestion des carrières : une réalité à la BIAC Charles Sanlavil e des plus anciens salariés de la BIAC. El enous livre ses sentiments quant à son par-cours très singulier et à cette BIAC qu’el ed’existence. Après un tel parcours, ila vu évoluer pendant près de 25 ans. Pouvez-vous nous parler
ANEXO I – (VER TAMBÉM AS ATUALIZAÇÕES DESTAS LISTAS) - (VIDE ATUALIZAÇÃO DADA PELA RESOLUÇÃO ANVISA Nº 36, DE 03-08-2011) - (VIDE ATUALIZAÇÃO DADA PELA RESOLUÇÃO ANVISA nº 39, DE 09-07-2012) (Sujeitas a Notificação de Receita "A") 1) ficam também sob controle, todos os sais e isômeros das substâncias enumeradas acima, bem como os intermediários da METADONA (4-ciano-2