Kardioline HCG Urine Pregnancy Test (Cassette) For Self-Testing INTERPRETATION OF THE SYMBOLS ON THE PACKAGE REAGENTS
Test device comprised colloidal gold coated with anti β-HCG monoclonal antibody, NC
membrane coated with anti α-HCG monoclonal antibody and rabbit anti mouse IgG
Symbol for “Attention, see instructions for use”
MATERIALS PROVIDED Each pouch contains:
1. Kardioline HCG Urine Pregnancy Test Cassette2. One sample dropper
Symbol for “Authorised representative in the European community”
Symbol for “Contains sufficient for <1> tests”
Each box contains:
Symbol for “In vitro diagnostic medical device”
Symbol for “Consult instructions for use”
Other equipment or reagents needed but not provided. WARNING | FOR IN VITRO DIAGNOSITC USE ONLY
1. Timer2. Quality control material - Commercial control material or fresh samples from known
1. Read directions for use carefully before performing this test. Pay attention to the position
pregnant and non-pregnant patients may be used with each lot as controls to verify the
2. Do not use beyond the labeled expiration date.
performance of the test. We recommend using control materials with HCG concentrations
3. Do not reuse the test devices. Discard it in the dustbin after single use.
known to be near (above and below) the clinical cutoff.
4. Do not use if pouch is damaged or opened. 5. Do not touch the membrane on the strip. STORAGE AND STABILITY
6. Once open the pouch, the test device should be used immediately. Prolonged exposure
The test kit can be stored at normal temperature (4 °C to 30 °C, or 39ºF to 86ºF) in the sealed
to ambient humidity will cause product deterioration.
pouch to the date of expiration. The test kits should be kept away from direct sunlight, mois-
7. Treat urine samples and used devices as if they are potentially infectious. Avoid contact
8. Ensure there is urine container before test. ASSAY PROCEDURE INTENDED USE 1. DETERMINATION OF TEST DATE - The test could be used from the first date of missed
Kardioline HCG Urine Pregnancy Test is a self-performing immunoassay designed for
menstruation. In most cases the test is accurate at this date. However, because of variation
the qualitative determination of human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) in urine for early
in HCG concentration among women, or potential miscalculation of the last period, if there
detection of pregnancy by visual. Kardioline HCG Urine Pregnancy Test is designed for both
is a negative result, and pregnancy is still suspected, you should retest after a few days.
SUMMARY AND EXPLANATION 2. SPECIMEN COLLECTION AND HANDLING - First morning urine specimen is preferred due to its high concentration of HCG. However, urine specimens collected at any time of the
Human Chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) is a glycoprotein hormone secreted by the developing
day may be used. If specimens cannot be assayed immediately, they can be stored at 2-8ºC
placenta shortly after fertilization. During normal pregnancy, HCG can be detected in urine as early as 7 days following conception, doubling every 1.3 to 2 days. At the time of the last
for up to 72 hours prior to testing. Urine specimens exhibiting visible precipitates should be
missed menstrual period, urine HCG levels are about 100mlU/ml with peak levels of 100,000
settled to obtain a clear specimen for testing.
to 200,000mlU/ml seen at the end of the first trimester. The presence of HCG soon after conception and its subsequent increase in concentration during early gestational growth
3. TEST PROCEDURE
make it an ideal marker for the early detection of pregnancy.
1. Bring the test pouch and urine to room temperature. To begin testing, open the sealed
pouch by tearing along the notch. Remove the test from the pouch and use it as soon as
The Kardioline HCG Urine Pregnancy Test is a rapid one-step test, based on an
2. Using the sample dropper, draw about 3 drops
immunochromatographic technology. A membrane with an absorbent pad overlaps a strip of
(approximately 120-150 μl) urine sample from the
fiber glass paper that is impregnated with a lyophilized colloidal conjugate of gold particles
specimen cup into the pipette, and dispense it into the
and monoclonal solid phase antibodies to HCG. Another absorbent pad at the end of the assay
sample well on the cassette. (See the picture).
absorbs excess sample fluid. The urine sample is introduced into the device, and proceeds
3. Wait for colored bands to appear. Depending on the
through the absorbent pad, then laterally onto a chromatographic membrane. As it contacts
concentration of HCG in the test specimen, Positive
the membrane, the sample dissolves the lyophilized conjugate. In a reactive sample, the HCG
results may be observed in as short as 40 seconds.
antigen will bind to the antibodies in the colloidal solution. As the conjugate moves forward on the membrane, anti-HCG monoclonal antibody affixed on the test zone (“T”) will bind the HCG-
However, to confirmNegative results, the complete
gold conjugate complex, forming a pink line (“T”). All samples will cause a pink colored line in
reaction time (5 minutes) is required. So read the result
the control zone (“C”). This line is formed by the binding of the polyclonal antibodies (Anti-
mouse IgG) affixed onto the control zone to the sample-colloidal gold conjugate. Presence of
4. Do not read results after 30 minutes.
this line indicates sample amount is appropriate and the test has been carried out correctly. In less than 5 minutes, levels of HCG as low as 25mlU/ml can be detected. Shanghai International Holding Corp. GmbH (Europe) Blue Cross Bio-Medical (Beijing) Co., Ltd Kardioline Swiss GmbH | Oberbüntelistrasse 14 | CH-9443 Widnau
Eiffestrasse 80 | 20537 Hamburg | Germany
Beiqijia Industry Zone, Changping District, Beijing, P.R.C 102209
Switzerland | www.kardioline.com Kardioline HCG Urine Pregnancy Test (Cassette) For Self-Testing 4. Non-cross reacting compounds INTERPRETATION OF RESULT Acetaminophen Positive:
Two distinct color bands appear - one on the control and one on the test region.
This indicates that pregnancy has been detected. The color intensity of the test bands may
Acetosal Salicylic Acid Negative: Only one color band appears on the control line, and no band appears on the test region. This means there is no pregnancy detected. Ascorbic Acid Invalid: There are no visible bands at all, or if one red band appears only on the test region. Caffeine
If this happens, repeat a new test. If test still fails, please contact the distributor with the
Gentisic Thiophene Ampicillin QUALITY CONTROL Tetracycline Hemoglobin Positive Negative Control Line Result Window Bilirubin Test Line Pregnanedione Sample Well 5. Repeatability and Reproducibility - Three lots of Kardioline HCG Urine Pregnancy Test were used and 10 strips of each lot were tested in HCG standard solution with different concentrations prepared at 0 mIU/ml, 25 mIU/ml and 100 mIU/ml.
Testing of quality control material to verify the performance of the test is recommended for each new lot of test. In addition, users should follow their state and local regulations and
guidelines regarding GLP requirements. In addition, a built in procedural control is being
used designated as control region (C) on the test device to indicate that sufficient sample
PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS P: positive | N: negative | All samples were positive at and beyond the cut-off level. No 1. Sensitivity - Kardioline HCG Urine Pregnancy Test will display positive results with
specimens containing HCG at the level close to or greater than 25mlU/ml. LIMITATION OF THE PROCEDURE 2. Specificity - The following compounds exhibited no interference when dissolved in urine, which had HCG levels of 0 and 25mlU/ml.
1. Alcohol may interfere with test result. It is not recommended using the test after drinking. 2. Occasionally specimens containing less than 25mlU/ml for urine also yield positive results.
hFSH 1000 mIU/ml (WHO 1st IS)
3. A very early pregnancy containing an extremely low concentration of hCG can give a ne-
hLH 500mIU/ml (WHO 1st IRP)
gative result. In this case, another specimen should be obtained at least 48 hours later
hTSH 1000μIU/ml (WHO 2nd IRP) 3. ACCURACY - Comparison studies on the Kardioline HCG Urine Pregnancy Test with a
4. HCG levels may remain detectable for several weeks after normal delivery, delivery by
legally marketed device were performed in various clinical reference laboratory. Positive
caesarean section, spontaneous abortion or therapeutic abortion.
and negative results were compared and the correlation was >99.9%.
5. In cases where very high levels of HCG are present (>500,000 mlU/ml) a false negative
result can occur due to a “Prozone” effect. If pregnancy is still suspected, simply dilute
Clinical Accuracy of Kardioline HCG Urine Pregnancy Test
specimen 1:1 with deionized water and retest. Reference method Reference method
6. If a urine sample is too dilute (i.e.: low specific gravity) it may not contain a representa-
tive level of HCG. If pregnancy is still suspected, a first morning urine sample should be
7. As is true with any diagnostic procedure, the user should evaluate data obtained by the
use of this kit in light of other clinical information and consult to the physicians for the
final diagnosis of pregnancy before make any decision of medical relevance. REFERENCE
Diagnostic Sensitivity (Positive agreement) =411/ (411+0) =100%
Diagnostic Specificity (Negative agreement) =309/ (309+0) = 100%
1. Chard T. Pregnancy tests: a review. Hum Reprod. 1992 May; 7(5):701-10. Review. 2. American Pregnancy Association. Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG): The Pregnancy Hormone.
3. Womens health Research. Dept. of OB/GNY, University of New Mexico. HCG Reference Service. http://www.hcglab.com/hCG%20levels.htm4. Chayen J, Daly JR, Loveridge N. The cytochemical bioassay of hormones. Recent Prog. Horm. Res. 1976; 32:33-72.
Comparison studies on the Karidoline HCG Urine Pregnancy Test with a legally marketed
5. Henry JB. Clinical Diagnosis and Management by Laboratory Methods, 18th edition, 1991, WB Saunders and Co.
device were performed in various clinical reference laboratory. Positive and negative results
6. Wide L, Gemzell CA. An immunological pregnancy test. Acta Endocrinology 1960; 35:261. 7. Cart, K.J. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab., 1975,40 :537
were compared and the correlation was >99.9%.
8. Braustein, G. D. Am J. Obstet. Gynecol., 1976,126:6789. Batzer, F.R. Fertility & Sterility, 1980, 34:1. 10. Engvall, E. Method in Enzymology, 1980, 70:419.
Kent and Medway Osteoporosis Network Primary Care Guidelines for the Secondary Prevention of Osteoporosis in Post-menopausal Women Alendronic Acid 70mg once weekly ed, poorly tolerated, not effective^ or poor concordance Contraindicated, poorly tolerated, not effective or poor concordance Not Effective^ Patients who develop multiple fractures whilst receiving treatment may need ref
MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT NATIONAL AGRO-FORESTRY-FISHERIES QUALITY ASSURANCE DEPARTMENT The Residues Monitoring Program for Certain Harmful Substances in aquaculture fish and products thereof in 2009 and Implementation Plan in 2010 RESULTS OF THE MONITORING PROGRAM FOR CERTAIN HARMFUL 1. General The Program for control of residues in farmed fish has