Pharmacie sans ordonnance livraison rapide 24h: acheter viagra en ligne en France.
UNITED NATIONS OFFICE AT NAIROBI
JOINT MEDICAL SERVICE.
Malaria is a life-threatening disease caused by a
parasite and is transmitted via the bites of infected
mosquitoes (Plasmodium Anopheles mosquito
every year- is a day of unified
commemoration of the global effort to provide
effective control of malaria around the world-world
Facts about Malaria
• Over 60%of the world’s population lives in
• Malaria kills a child somewhere in the world
• It infects 350-500 million people each year,
killing 1 million, mostly children in Africa.
• Ninety per cent of malaria deaths occur in
• Over 30% of school absenteeism in Africa is
attributed to malaria and other illnesses.
• Malaria is both preventable and treatable.
• Early diagnosis and treatment saves life.
Signs and Symptoms of malaria
These appear between 10 and 15 days after mosquito
bites but may occur even after 60 days, they include:
Who is at increased risk for malaria?
• Travelers coming from areas with no malaria
• Pregnant women and their unborn children.
• Non immune persons while in malaria areas.
• People with lowered immunity such as in
HIV/Aids are usually worst hit by malaria.
• Poverty, lack of knowledge, and little or no
access to health care also contribute to malaria deaths worldwide
Prevention of malaria
Use mosquito repellant nets
-some chemicals such
as permethrin which is a chemical used as a
mosquito repellant sprayed on the clothes and
• Permethrin 0.5 to 1% is available in various
chemists as over the counter medication which is effective for at least 2-6 weeks and may last for up to 1 year even through laundering if its concentration is higher such as in the already treated mosquito nets that last 1 to 4 years or in tablets used for treating mosquito nets.
DEET (N, N-diethyl-m-tiluamide
) is also approved
chemical for skin application on the exposed parts of
the body such as hands, legs as a mosquito repellant
which may last 4-6hours.Its available in 15-33% in
chemists and major hospital pharmacies and offers
• When combined DEET and Permethrin offers
99.9% protection against mosquitoes. Among locally available brands includes: Mijex gel/spray and Mosout spray. These chemicals are not harmful to the body as they are poorly absorbed, and are rapidly deactivated -their rare side effects include itching, redness and dizziness. They should not be applied to the eyes, mouth or broken skin.
• Wear clothing covering most body parts while in
• Clear bushes, long grasses.
• Drain stagnant waters.
• Use of insecticides to kill mosquitoes.
• All pregnant mothers should take appropriate
malaria prophylaxis when going to malaria areas as directed by the Doctor.
• Travelers should take prophylactic medication
when going to malaria areas-per your Dr.
• Seek medical advice for symptoms of malaria
For more information contact-UNON JMS
www.malaria signs,symptoms,prevention and
www.Unicef health malaria
www.CDC –facts malaria
www.WHO 10 facts on malaria
www.navy medical Department Pocket Guide to Malaria
Prevention and Control
www.permethrin.wikipeda-the free encyclopedia
www.permethrin cream-topical side effects
Legg Mason Global Funds FCP (Luxembourg) A Mutual Fund constituted under the Luxembourg Law as a “fonds commun de placement” with multiple compartments (Sub-Funds) A Mutual Fund under Luxembourg Law Unaudited Semi-Annual Report for the period ended Schedule of Investments and Other Net Assets and Industrial Classification Legg Mason US Growth and Value Fund Legg Mason Emerging Markets E
Social, Economic, and Ethical Implications of Ambient Intelligence and Ubiquitous Computing° Jürgen Bohn, Vlad Coroamă, Marc Langheinrich, Friedemann Mattern, Michael Rohs Institute for Pervasive Computing, ETH Zurich, Switzerland Summary. Visions of ambient intelligence and ubiquitous computing involve integrating tiny microelectronic processors and sensors into everyday objects in o