No está claro cuán grande es el papel de los antibióticos https://antibioticos-wiki.es en las relaciones competitivas entre los microorganismos en condiciones naturales. Zelman Waxman creía que este papel era mínimo, los antibióticos no se forman sino en culturas limpias en entornos ricos. Posteriormente, sin embargo, se descubrió que en muchos productos, la actividad de síntesis de antibióticos aumenta en presencia de otros tipos o productos específicos de su metabolismo.
Microsoft word - 2008 senior questions round 1.doc
2008 Senior Questions Round 1
1. (Chair 1): What were horses of the quarter type called before 1938?
2. (Chair 2): The domestic horse belongs to what species?
Ans. Equus Caballus
3. (Chair 3): Considered by many to be the greatest harness horse of all time this Standardbred held the pacing record for 35 years. Name him.
Ans: Dan Patch
Evans, 30 figure 2-13
4. (Chair 4) In what state was the Palomino Horse Breeders of America originally
5. (Chair 1): Name the two body types recognized by the American Miniature Horse Association?
Ans. Arabian type and Quarter Horse type
6. (Chair 2): What type of English saddle provides no extra knee roll?
7. (Chair 3): How many stages of labor does a mare experience?
Ans. Three (or 4 in FCH 244)
8. (Chair 4): What are the advantages to gelding a stallion?
Ans. Geldings are easier to care for, less prone to injury and easier to haul
Toss Up Questions
9. What is the ovulation fossa?
Ans. indentation in mare’s ovary where ovulation occurs
10. On which teeth is the “dental star” first evident? Ans.
Name 3 differences between temporary & permanent teeth in appearance.
Ans. Permanent teeth are larger & longer, have a broader neck area between
root & crown, have parallel grooves & ridges on the face of incisors & are larger &
11. Name two parts of the equine cardiovascular system.
Ans. Blood, blood vessels, and heart
12. What is the ovarian end of the oviduct called?
13. What is the treatment for stomachworms?
Ans. To administer ivermectin twice, 3 to 6 weeks apart FCH 158
14. What is a nutrient that is an important structural component for muscle tissue? Ans.
15. What is the term used to describe a horse eating dirt due to an iron deficiency?
Name three characteristics of moldy hay.
Ans. Musty smell, whitish in color, dusty, unpalatable, moist/damp,hot
16. Which protein supplement contains more lysine than most other vegetable proteins? Ans.
17. Who first worked out the principle of how genetic material is transmitted from one
generation to another?
Ans: Gregor Mendel
The Horse 447
18. How many years out of every 7 must a business make a profit to be considered a business by IRS & not a hobby?
19. What is the advantage of using a double-rigged cinch on a cross buck pack saddle?
Ans. It helps to keep the back cinch from sliding backwards
20. What is defined as a decreased ability to sweat in response to over heating?
Ans: anhidrosis (dry coat)
SIERRA COLLEGE ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURE No. AP 4255 Drug Policy - Nursing Program Drug Testing upon Admission to the Clinical Component Students are admitted to the nursing program pending a negative drug test. Admission will be withdrawn for a student testing positive. Procedure for Drug Testing Students Students admitted to the nursing program will be notified of the
BODY AND SOUL - KEEPING IT TOGETHER! LET'S START WITH THE BODY . . . SENIOR H E A L T H It is said that the first thing a man does when he wakes in the morning is to look out of the window to see how the weather has changed overnight, and the first thing a women does on waking is to look in the mirror to see what the night has done to her face. Enough said … but if your look in the mirror is fo